Happy Monday, blipsters!
Last week was another solid week of posting from this here music blog and we’d hope you’d take a second look at anything you might have missed…
- Seventh Annual Facedown Fest
All right, so I’m the first to admit that I’m neither an ardent fan of hardcore/metalcore bands nor a listener of most Christian music (a touchy topic, I know). However, one of the best things about being a music journalist is the chance to be regularly exposed to music which I wouldn’t learn about on my own, which is how I first discovered the band Alove for Enemies and then learned about Facedown Records.
- Coachella 2007 | Early Lineup Leak, Info
Rage Against the Machine to reunite to headline, along with Bjork and Red Hot Chili Peppers…
- Dave Matthews Band, Solo Tour Dates
Get a glimpse of his acting skills in a March episode of “House” on Fox as well as in a late-year-release movie called “Lake City”.
- Where the Indie Rock and Jam Worlds Collide: Brothers Past
Every time I see Brothers Past, I have moments where I think the band is really onto something cool: a dynamic sound that blends solid emotional songwriting with some seriously heavy live electronic dance music. There are hints of Stereolab, Radiohead, and plenty of jamming that borders on drum’n'bass DJ territory.
- Singer-Songwriter Sage Spreads Her Sound
Sage is an artist with a diverse background in music, having won awards in multiple genres including indie, rock, acoustic, R&B, and even gospel. She brings this eclectic background to her live performances, challenging herself to push her own boundaries in order to deliver a better show each time.
- Bonnaroo 2007 | Lineup Announcement on Feb. 14
And you all better know that Pearl Jam is definitely *not* going to be playing there…
- 2007 NOLA Jazz & Heritage Festival | Lineup Announced
ZZ Top will be there. That’s pretty sweet…
- Phish Friday | Big Cypress Archives
All fifteen Phish Big Cypress podcasts I did a while back…grab ‘em now while I’ve still got them available.
- Podcast #052 – When Indie Bands Kick Out the Jams
With this in mind, we’ve compiled a few long-winded tracks from some bands that are not necessarily known for their jamming skills, and we want to know from all the listeners: do you like when “indie rock” bands jam?
As always, feel free to send news items or tips to firstname.lastname@example.org. While I can’t always promise a reply or a post on the subject, we’ll always read all of our emails and we’ll try our best to take a look at it and get back to you.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon
- 04/18/2013 • WATCH: Selling Coachella Weekend Two Tix Is Almost Impossible
- 04/13/2013 • WATCH: How To Destroy Angels FULL SET @ Coachella 2013
- 04/13/2013 • WATCH: Daft Punk steal the show at Coachella without performing
- 04/13/2013 • COUCHELLA: Day Two features Phoenix, The Postal Service, Grizzly Bear, Hot Chip, Janelle Monae & More
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify