Podcast #052 – When Indie Bands Kick Out the Jams
Here at LMB we’re obviously open to a band stretching a song beyond its normal studio length or otherwise changing it for the live setting…that’s, in fact, one of the main reasons people dig live music. (Okay, duh, you can send my regards to Captain Obvious)
But while a band such as Phish is definitely known for kicking out the long jams in concert, there are plenty of other live bands that don’t normally get this label that can still rock out a jam segment either in concert or in the studio.
With this in mind, we’ve compiled a few long-winded tracks from some bands that are not necessarily known for their jamming skills, and we want to know from all the listeners: do you like when “indie rock” bands jam? That’s the basic premise here, and if you didn’t catch it, the title is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.
Total running time: 45:46
Enjoy! And definitely let us know what you think in the comments section.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More