It was decently active week on Live Music Blog, most notably due to the addition of one of our newest writers, Kathryn Vercillo. There’s more to come on this in the next few weeks, but I’m adding some new writers to the site that you’ll start to see more and more of. I’ll introduce them as they come in and I’ll provide an update once they’re all in (for the short term), and then I’ll let you in on our strategy over the next year or so. You deserve to know what our intentions are with Live Music Blog as we owe all of our traffic to you, the readers…
And we all know that certainly counts for something…
At any rate, use your Monday procrastination time to get comfortable with our posts from last week and expect some great blogging up on the site this week.
- The Shins Announce Early 2007 Tour Dates
I’m seeing their Chicago show at Congress Theatre; I’m psyched…
- Trey Anastasio Busted! | Pleades Not Guilty
Ugh, Trey. Ugh.
- From the Inbox: Gene Ween getting intimate
An evening of music featuring: Gene Ween, Chris Harford and Hub Moore (Thursday, January 18th)
- Umphrey’s McGee – “Dick in a Box” [video, 12/31/06]
This one just speaks for itself, doesn’t it?
- Yes, Virginia – The Dresden Dolls Are Still In Action
Our first post by Kathryn Vercillo
- snoe.down 2007 Lineup, Info Announced
Awesome lineup and awesome concept of making this a ski destination vacation, too…
- Win Tickets to Langerado 2007 from Live Music Blog
- The Ladies of Langerado
“But what I’m noticing as I look at the list is that the men still dominate the music scene at festivals like this one.”
- Wakarusa 2007 Lineup Updated
Medeski, Martin & Wood, Pnuma Trio, Grace Potter, The Police (local law enforcement, not the would-be power-trio reunion) and many more added to the lineup.
- SXSW 2007 | Lineup Rumors
Laundry list of confirmations/rumors attached…
- Of Montreal – Live @ 40 Watt Club, 8/19/06 [mp3]
- Grace Potter News = Blog
“I’m going to hit this subject a lot harder over the next few weeks, but it amazes me that more bands are not using blogs and podcasting as a way to reach out to their fans. Especially their live music. Most bands have a treasure trove of material that their fans would love to hear, and yet it goes untapped and mostly ignored by most in the music industry.”
That’s it for last week folks — see any good shows last week?
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes
- 05/21/2013 • JamBase Live at The Gorge Has Been Cancelled