Tour Dates Roundup
Plenty of really good bands are getting out on the road in the near future, many of which I haven’t actually ever seen live…
- TV on the Radio is headed out for a massive US tour very shortly. Notable stops include a bunch of dates in Canada, two-night runs in Chicago, San Fran. and LA, and a two-night tour-finishing run in Washington, D.C.
- Yo La Tengo will be starting their tour Jan. 25 in Louisville, KY and going through to Feb. 10 before they head to Japan and Australia. I still haven’t gotten into these guys. It’s too daunting — there’s too much history or something that I’d need to acquaint myself with. Hell, just now catching up to Wilco’s back catalog and history took me about a year…anyone have any “here’s where you should start” suggestions on this band for me?
- Speaking of Wilco, the Sansone/Stirrat side-project known as The Autumn Defense is heading out for a nice-sized tour following up their latest self-title release. They look to hit most every part of the country so be on the watch for tickets in your area.
- The Arcade Fire has booked two five-night runs in February (one in Montreal, one in NYC), clearly gearing up for the blitz and a half on their new album Neon Bible.
I might have to consider that TV on the Radio run at the Metro — I love that venue now that it’s non-smoking.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More