The Police to Reunite in 2007
There’s a lot of posts going ’round the internet right now about a possible 2007 reunion of one of my favorite bands ever — The Police.
When I was in high school, I was quite the aspiring, young, self-taught drummer. In my time spent driving to and from school, I relied on the Rush Exit…Stage Left and The Police Box Set to hone my steering-wheel drumming skills — all of which translate very nicely to a hand-me-down drumset that I got from a friend. My love for the splash cymbal can easily be traced right to my man, Stewart Copeland, and I swear — if they’re actually coming back, you can better believe that I’ll be catching one of their shows stateside…
Rumors are swirling that the Police will reunite for 2007 dates in England and the United States, which would be the legendary trio’s first since disbanding in 1986. Sources tell Billboard.com the reports are legitimate but would not publicly comment until final details are nearer to completion.
Enjoy this classic video of them doing “Driven to Tears” live in France — The end of this song always give me chills (that fast speed-up section), and Copeland’s friggin’ playing like he’s on speed or something…
“Effing-A, Cotton — Effing AAAAA!”
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track