Bonnaroo 2007…on it’s own property.
Last year there was some speculation that Bonnaroo would eventually be moving from their land-locked love farm off I-24. “There was only a 5 year contract, etc.”
This year, though — Bonnaroo said fuggit and bought the farm, literally. It became clear to local officials that this was the plan.
Last month festival organizers asked the Coffee County Board of Zoning Appeals for a permanent conditional use permit for the property.
Yeah, I’d say that would be a good hint that the festival wants to stay put. I think this is great for the music festival circuit and it should help people that need to make plans years in advance (like me) to still get out and make plans for that early June vacation in Tennessee.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More