Post-Jam is the new genre.
Normally whenever you try to describe a band or a sound as it pertains to the topic of conversation, you do so by naming genres and/or similar artists.
I’ve done it a million times…
Village Voice coined the term
first in a recent writeup on The Slip and their new album, Eisenhower (which is fantastic, by the way…). Update: I stand corrected on that “first” statement; Relix used this term in their last issue — before the Voice write-up hit the internet. Sorry, Relix.
Screw your other genre buzz words — post-jam is the new genre that will bring the rest of the music world into 2007. Mark it!
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/14/2013 • WATCH: The Stepkids Jazzy Cover of Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky”
- 05/13/2013 • STREAM: Daft Punk’s “Random Access Memories” Right Now
- 05/13/2013 • WATCH: Daft Punk Unveils ‘Random Access Memories’ Vinyl Packaging Porn
- 05/07/2013 • WATCH: DJ Falcon on how NASA helped Daft Punk
- 04/30/2013 • WATCH: Chilly Gonzales play segments from new Daft Punk record
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More