…but Trey just no longer does it for me. Like…not at all…
Nothing too surprising there if you’re a fan of Live Music Blog. We’re over him, so to speak. We’re no longer automatically gung-ho on his side projects, even if there’s an orchestral version of “Divided Sky” to break up on the alternative-pop-rock monotony of the other tunes…
I thoroughly enjoyed SuperDee’s review of his Bar 17 release because she lays it all out there. “I love this man, but our musical tastes are no longer aligned.” Well said. My response would have been something like, “uhm…this album blows…”
DOES TREY STILL DO IT FOR YOU? Why? Is the answer something other than “because he used to…?” I want to hear it.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/21/2013 • SETLIST / RECAP / VIDEO: Rolling Stones @ Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA 5/20/13
- 05/21/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Moon Taxi @ Tipitina’s Uptown, New Orleans, LA 5/16/13
- 05/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Soundgarden @ The Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, CT 5/17/13
- 05/20/2013 • R.I.P. Ray Manzarek, The Doors (1939-2013)
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon