Trey and Mike to Join Benevento Russo Duo
Some extremely interesting post-Phish rumors floating around right now…
Mike and Trey will be recording with The Duo, all four of whom will go on the road together. It is not known for certain at this point whether they will perform as a foursome, or in some other manner, perhaps GRaB and Trey alternating performance slots, with various sit-ins occuring during the shows. It is also not known at this point whether the shows, should they happen, would prevent Mike and Trey from performing acoustically together as well.
This is entirely exciting to me and something I hope is true. I’m a huge fan of The Duo right now (more on that later) and I can see Mike and Trey adding some serious power to their sound.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 08/30/2010 • Sights & Sounds: Benevento/Russo Duo @ Highline Ballroom, NYC 8/27/10
- 09/08/2009 • Tour Dates: Marco Benevento Trio, The Duo, and Garage A Trois
- 10/13/2008 • Heady Links | New Year’s Eve Preview Edition
- 09/14/2008 • Benevento/Russo Duo @ Martyr’s, Chicago 9/7/08
- 09/09/2008 • Apollo Sunshine Announce Fall 2008 Tour Dates
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes
- 05/21/2013 • JamBase Live at The Gorge Has Been Cancelled
- 05/21/2013 • SETLIST / RECAP / VIDEO: Rolling Stones @ Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA 5/20/13
- 05/21/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Moon Taxi @ Tipitina’s Uptown, New Orleans, LA 5/16/13
- 05/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Soundgarden @ The Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, CT 5/17/13