Things I Have In Common With Those I Adore
Jake Cinninger (Umphrey’s McGee): What is your favorite performance from the past twelve months?
Secret Machines, Bonnaroo 2005
Mike Gordon (Phish): Name one band you discovered (or rediscovered) in the past year?
I saw Toubab Krewe at a late night set at Bonnaroo and, then again, at Nectar’s in Burlington. I really like African music. Also, in Burlington, they had a djembe player sitting in with them from Africa—he was incredible.
Toubab Krewe is on my “Bands I Discovered Early 2006″ list and they’re going to stay pretty close to the top.
Gabby La La: What will you remember most about 2005?
All of the amazing and new experiences I encountered! Wow, I never realized how many unicorns there were in the United States!
Uhm, WTF. What a weirdo…but I
dig hate dig that…
Which ones related to you?
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”