The Duo Books Some Holiday Gigs
Good news for fans of the Benevento Russo Duo and their oft-collaborator Mike Gordon. The Trio is re-uniting for a set of shows around New Year’s Eve, colminating in a NYE gig at the Culture Club in Florida. We were pretty sure that this was going to be happening (as previously reported) but the band finally confirmed it.
Here’s the skinny:
The Benevento/Russo Duo and Mike Gordon will once again team up for a year-end tour. This time the trio set their sights on the Atlantic Coast. The tour will begin with a Post-Christmas performance in Atlantic City at the Borgata Music Box on December 26th. On December 27th, the boys set up shop at the State Theatre in Falls Church, VA, just outside of Washington, D.C.
After taking a day to travel down the coast, the band will invade Florida, closing out the year with three very special performances across the state. December 29th finds the band at the Freebird Live in Jacksonville, FL. Jannus Landing in St. Petersburg, FL, is the site of the performance on December 30th…and the band will ring in 2006 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, at the Culture Room.
An allotment of tickets will be available to fans through both Mike Gordon and Benevento/Russo Duo’s Ticketing Sites on November 17th at 12:00 pm. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, November 25th through ticketmaster (Atlantic City will go on sale on Saturday, November 26th through ticketmaster).
And remember, December 7th, Tribeca Rock Club. Be there.
Here’s some more from the band:
So, once again, here it is in shortform:
12.26 – Atlantic City, NJ, The Music Box at the Borgata Hotel & Casino
12.27 – Falls Church, VA, State Theatre
12.29 – Jacksonville, FL, Freebird Live
12.30 – St. Petersburg, FL, Jannus Landing
12.31 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Culture Room
FALL TOUR WINDS DOWN AS DUO HEAD UP THE EAST COAST:
We will be at the ABC Brewing Company in Harrisburg on the 17th which leads into our highly-anticipated tour closers at the TLA in Philadelphia on the 18th and the 8×10 Club in Baltimore on the 19th.
After a short break to spend some time with our families for the holidays, we will get together and do one last run through the Great Northeast. The dates include returns to Syracuse, Albany, Boston, and NoHo (see dates below).
Tickets for these shows are available RIGHT HERE at the Duo’s ticketing site.
11.17 – Harrisburg, PA, ABC Brew Co. w/ The Brakes
11.18 – Philadelphia, PA, Theatre of Living Arts w/ Benzos
11.19 – Baltimore, MD, 8×10 Club w/ Benzos
11.30 – Syracuse, NY, Mezzanotte Lounge
12.1 – Troy, NY, Revolution Hall w/ Lotus
12.2 – Boston, MA, Paradise Rock Club w/ Benzos
12.3 – Northampton, MA, Pearl Street Clubroom w/ Kiss Me Deadly
- 08/30/2010 • Sights & Sounds: Benevento/Russo Duo @ Highline Ballroom, NYC 8/27/10
- 09/08/2009 • Tour Dates: Marco Benevento Trio, The Duo, and Garage A Trois
- 10/13/2008 • Heady Links | New Year’s Eve Preview Edition
- 09/14/2008 • Benevento/Russo Duo @ Martyr’s, Chicago 9/7/08
- 09/09/2008 • Apollo Sunshine Announce Fall 2008 Tour Dates
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13