Is Anything Sacred Anymore?
Rolling Stone just posted an article/interview about My Morning Jacket, their latest album Z, their growing pains, Jim’s voice, etc. Now, it might not deserve it’s own post but I just caught something that needed to be highlighted…
the band does have a cameo in Cameron Crowe’s Elizabethtown, covering “Free Bird.”
I thought Free Bird was sacred? I mean, I don’t even think Phish should have covered it. Isn’t that why you yell it at concerts? Because, deep down, you KNOW that no one would try to play it.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13