Song of the Day: Cream
Thirty-seven years ago next month, Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce ended their short-lived exploratory partnership and called it quits at the height of their fame and creativity. And tonight, the original power trio will reunite to play on American soil for only the second show since the LBJ administration.
The Cream tickets were a little over-priced, but I’ll be at MSG this evening, most likely staring at some rockin’ bald spots and Clapton’s bum — our seats are behind the stage. Being savvy arena rock veterans, though, there’s a chance we’ll shuffle around and find a better place to stand and head-bob.
In anticipation of the nostalgia-filled evening (well, not for me, I was -11 years old when the band broke up), we hope you’ll join us in making today a Cream-filled one. Here are a few shows to get you going, courtesy of tela.sugarmegs.org:
As an added bonus, we found some old pictures of Cream at the self-proclaimed World’s Most Famous Arena, November 2, 1968.
And for more on the Cream reunion in London’s Royal Albert Hall back in May: Pics from Drummer World Magazine; Reunited and It Feels So Good; Supergroup Cream rises again; Believe it or not, Forbes’ take; The Guardian’s review of their first show back.
- 06/21/2012 • MP3 / GIVEAWAY: Phish Chicago ’94 Box Set
- 11/07/2011 • DOWNLOAD: Mike Gordon Band @ Orange Peel, Asheville 3/20/11
- 10/28/2011 • PHISH FRIDAY: “Mike’s Groove” (MP3 from Hampton/Winston-Salem ’97)
- 10/23/2011 • VIDEO: Arcade Fire & Neil Young – “Helpless” (Live @ Bridge School 2011)
- 10/11/2011 • Marco Benevento: Tour Dates, “Fearless” MP3
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
Comments are closed.