I’m Officially $362 Less Richer
I just bought my tickets for Jam in the ‘Dam 2006, and I feel really good about it. I’m going the Tweede Week, featuring Umphrey’s McGee, North Mississippi Allstars, Sound Tribe Sector 9 (STS9), and Benevento/Russo Duo…
I want to travel. So, Katie and I decided to take a little journey on the road less traveled to a far distant land where prostitution and drugs are rampantly legal. Yes, Amsterdam. That just still seems weird to me. How do they make it work? We’re going for the music festival, mind you. Jam in the ‘Dam. The Original Amsterjam. I loved how they blew everyone’s mind with the one-two punch arrangment by offering two three-day festivals to allow that many more fans to be able to take part. I’m thoroughly impressed at how well planned this festival is. They’ve announcing this nine months in advance. They practically just dangled the possibility of a wonderful European vacation right in front of all of our music-loving faces…
What else would we do?
Anyways, you’ll see the Live Music Blog represented in full force there. I’m really excited about this and I’m happy to see that this festival is starting to blossom…Did I mention that I was excited?
From the Jam in the ‘Dam announcement list…
Well, today’s the day! (as if you didn’t remember)
The response to this years shows has been even better than last year, now that 1500 people have experienced the unique ambience that only Amsterdam can provide.
The pre-sale for Jam in the ‘Dam 2006 will go live at Noon EDT.
You can log on to either:
Charge by phone by calling 1-800-594-TIXX (8499)
Buy early and save $30 on your pass! Early-Bird Passes will be sold at $169 per weekend for a limited time only, while supplies last. Once all the Early-Bird passes are sold out, the price will go up to $199 per weekend. We will also have a very limited time offer for a very small quantity of Lange Partij (long party) Passes, good for both the Eerste Week and the Tweede Week shows. For the first week of pre-sales (or until they sell out), we will be offering the Lange Partij passes for a super discounted rate of $245 each, which is a savings of more than $150 on the total cost of purchasing Advance Passes for both weekends.
As an added bonus, the first 100 ticket buyers will receive a copy of Joe Pauker’s new 2006 edition of “Get Lost: The Cool Guide to Amsterdam”.
Please be advised that passes are non-refundable, and once purchased, it is the sole responsibility of the buyer to arrange travel, whether through Madison House, or on your own. Passes ARE transferrable, so if you can’t make it for one reason or another, you MAY sell your pass to someone.
Thanks for making the first Jam in the ‘Dam over the top. We hope to see you and your friends again next March!
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/13/2013 • Widespread Panic and Umphrey’s McGee Announce Two Nights in Charleston (10/4 & 10/5)
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 03/23/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Umphrey’s McGee @ House of Blues in Hollywood, CA 3/22/13
- 03/14/2013 • FEATURE: Bonnaroo’s Collaborative Nature
- 03/06/2013 • WEBCAST: Umphrey’s McGee Set to Stream Aspen Shows
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track