I’m really having a hard time deciding if I want to go see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at Deer Creek in July. On one of his last tours, we saw him at Deer Creek and it was a very incredible concert. He’s still pretty damn true to his roots, and he knew how to rock the crowd from the first note to the last. Maybe it was the 25 Budweisers that I drank, maybe it was the heat exhaustion, but that show was amazing. Front to back. All of my friends (and loved ones) agree.
Why not go see Tom Petty? I’m just no so sure about it yet. I’ve already committed to Summercamp 2005, Kraftwerk, and Allman Brothers Band with moe. That’s a pretty good start to the summer concert season. I’m sure I’ll still sign on for something else in July besides the Big Summer Classic, maybe Tom Petty, maybe not.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/20/2013 • R.I.P. Ray Manzarek, The Doors (1939-2013)
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon
- 05/20/2013 • First City Festival: Passion Pit, Modest Mouse, MGMT, Beach House and more
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
Comments are closed.