the music scene in florida (or lack thereof)
Now playing: Keller Williams – Vacate
Seriously now, Florida is not the best vacation spot if you’re a live music lover. Well, you could probably see some pretty crappy Jimmy Buffett ripoffs in Key West. I got to witness that my sophomore year in college. Unless you’re throwing a big festival down here, there’s really no scene. Certain bands will roll through when they feel like rolling through, but I see no scene down here at all. That’s a huge change from my Chicago stomping grounds.
How do Florida music fans deal?
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 03/20/2013 • PHOTOS: Keller Williams @ Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA 3/15/13
- 03/14/2013 • TOUR DATES: Keller Williams 2013 Spring and Summer Tour
- 09/06/2012 • Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2012 Lineup Announced
- 08/01/2012 • RECAP: Gathering of the Vibes 2012 @ Seaside Park, Bridgeport CT
- 05/30/2012 • Don’t miss the Soulive / Roots / Scofield / Wyclef jam featuring the music of Jimi Hendrix next Tuesday in NYC.
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”