umphreys in the studio
I just got an email of the variety that I like to read–Umphrey’s McGee news.
From the Madison House Publicity mailing list…
This February, Umphrey’s will spend time in the studio recording their 5th studio album. Like Anchor Drops, the album will be produced by the band’s long-time “sound-caresser” Kevin Browning, who exclusively handles Umphrey’s sound at live shows and for all released recordings. Pre-production for the album will happen at the home studio of friend and engineer Manny Sanchez (dubbed The Vault at IV Lab, the space is located near Wrigley Field in Chicago’s Little Mexico). Engineer Mark Berlin will also be lending his assistance. After two weeks of writing, arranging and scratch-recording, the band will head to Gravity Studios (www.gravitystudios.com) for 8 days of lockdown to powerhouse through the recording process. Umphrey’s in the studio is not your typical recording affair – Anchor Drops is proof of that. Browning’s intimate knowledge of the musicians and their playing styles guarantee authenticity, and the band’s commitment to having fun promise to keep listeners guessing what will result. Look for their new release to hit early 2006.
In the same email, they also mention that they expect to release their New Year’s Eve show as a DVD this early summer. I can’t wait!
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/13/2013 • Widespread Panic and Umphrey’s McGee Announce Two Nights in Charleston (10/4 & 10/5)
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 03/23/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Umphrey’s McGee @ House of Blues in Hollywood, CA 3/22/13
- 03/14/2013 • FEATURE: Bonnaroo’s Collaborative Nature
- 03/06/2013 • WEBCAST: Umphrey’s McGee Set to Stream Aspen Shows
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
Comments are closed.